Building and protecting your livelihood takes a lifetime of work. But, what happens when you are no longer around? Failure to plan ahead can diminish the value of the business you have worked hard to keep safe.
Succession planning is about building, retaining and passing on your wealth to the next generation, and leaving a lasting legacy. It involves recognizing and coming to grips with many complex family, individual and business issues; issues that must be addressed for the business to move forward in the evolution process.
Generational change within any business is an irresistible force and the growth of wealth demands that it is given early and appropriate attention in order to realize the best possible value for the business.
BTPS is prepared to discuss and help advise on the following matters:
- Exit strategy & Business transition strategies
- Setting goals and outcomes from the succession process
- Ensuring family members will maintain an appropriate role in the business after succession
- Transferring of wealth safely, appropriately and tax effectively
- Ensuring maximum continuity and value for your business
To ensure your business stays strong even after you’ve stepped down, contact BTPS, to talk about your succession plans.